Jasminne Mendez, essays editor and senior contributing editor, is seeking the following work:
- Essays (long form or flash) on just about anything, but particularly craft essays with a new perspective or from the view point of POC and other marginalized persons on how to cultivate and maintain a writing life and your writers craft in today’s political and cultural climate.
- Essays that have an intersection of pop culture, social media and literature, or POC in academia, publishing, the arts, etc.
- Creative Non-Fiction that experiments with form, content or style.
- Prose that maybe has had a hard time being placed elsewhere.
- Think/opinion pieces on race, culture, identity, current events with some kind of literary twist or theme.
Send your submissions to: jasminne [at] queenmobs [dot] com.
Image: Ant & Carrie Coleman via Flickr (cc)